Saturday, January 17, 2009

You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave

Ginger, the canine wonder beast.

Tonight is my last night in the Hotel California. It’s been a good trip. There’s definitely been highs and lows, but I’ve learned a lot about myself, and I’ve learned a lot about family, too. My brother, Matt, and his wife, Penny, have been super awesome hosts…they took me in, fed me…fed me some more…fed me some more…let me use the car, took me around, showed me some sights…fed me…and in general did everything they could to make me feel at home in their house. They’re everything and more that I could ask for in my siblings (or siblings-in-law). I got to spend a lot of time with my nephews Daniel and Gabriel and the Gingery puppy, and it made me understand how blessed I feel to be an uncle…well, the dog did little to contribute to that particular feeling, but we formed our own bond. Mom and Dad and sister Rachel back home all kept me company from afar, took interest in my adventures, and were only slightly noticeably jealous of my fair weather ;) These past weeks will hold a special place in my heart as I move on to my last segment at Ripon.
So thanks again Matt and Penny for taking care of me, Mom and Dad for cherishing me from afar, Rachel (Sharky) for daily phone humor, Ginger for patience training, and Gabriel and Daniel for early morning wake-ups, germs, kisses, and a whole lot of lovin. I love you guys all!
One of the last pictures of Gabriel before he battle damaged his chin.

Note: All the pictures in this post I took with my cell phone. Turned out pretty well, dontcha think?

No comments: